CEO Panel Discussion: Capacity and Competency Building in Traditional Private Sector Banks
Venue Detail: Vivanta-By Taj, Coimbatore
Coimbatore, also known as Kovai, is a bustling city, in fact the second largest after Chennai in the state of Tamilnadu.
A hub of industrial, educational, commercial, IT and medical activity, Wikipedia labels it as 'one of the fastest growing Tier II cities in India'
On 20th December 2014, a pleasant Saturday morning, the elegant downtown neighbourhood of Race Course witnessed a flurry of visitors heading towards the Vivanta-By Taj, the venue for the CEO Panel Discussion, hosted by Bankers Quotient Academy (BQA).
The genesis of the event was a draft report on Capacity Building in Banks and Non Banks, released by the RBI in September 2014. Known through the industry as the Gopalakrishna Committee Report, after it’s Chairman Mr G Gopalakrishna, Director-CAFRAL, the report makes fascinating reading. The presence of Mr Gopalakrishna himself as the key note speaker is evidence of the timeliness and relevance for such a forum.
The elite members of the panel also included
- Shri M V Tanksale, CEO-Indian Banks Association & Member, Gopalakrishna Committee
- Shri Shyam Srinivasan, MD/CEO- Federal Bank & Member, Gopalakrishna Committee
- Shri K Venkatraman, MD/CEO-Karur Vysya Bank
- Dr. N Kamakodi, MD/CEO – City Union Bank
- Shri Rakesh Sharma, MD/CEO- Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Ms Hamsaz Vasunia, Head HR- DCB Bank Ltd
- Mr Joseph George Kavalam, Head HR – The South Indian Bank