Credit Appraisal Program
Credit is an important function in banking operations. Lending to business enterprises requires specialized skills in the areas of borrower due diligence, credit risk assessment, credit requirement assessment, loan documentation, creation of security charges, post-disbursement monitoring and recovery management. This course is designed to bridge the knowledge gaps as well as to sharpen the credit assessment skills of Credit Officers across branches & Credit Processing Offices.
Duration : 5 Days
Target Group: Officers identified for handling credit function across the bank/ offices.
Objectives: At the end of the program, the participants would have gained:
- Improved understanding of the processes relating to borrower due diligence, appraisal, assessment, loan documentation, disbursement, post-disbursement monitoring and NPA/recovery management
- Skills for assessment of Working Capital, Term Loan and Project Loan requirements.
- Familiarity with various types of credit facilities, including trade finance and export & import credit.
- Understanding of the internal and external credit risk ratings and their uses.
- Confidence in handling credit functions related to small and medium-sized enterprises at branches.
- Understanding of Credit Marketing & Relationship Management Credit Policy of the Bank.
Principles of lending to business enterprises.
Credit Policy of the Bank
Selection of borrowers and due diligence procedures.
Appraisal of promoter and industry/business conditions
Financial statements analysis and ratio analysis.
Working capital assessment and term loan/project loan requirements
Issues connected with lending to non-corporates.
Financing to priority sector.
Credit Risk Rating models and their uses.
Loan documentation and creation of security arrangements.
Management of stressed assets.
NPA and recovery management.
Fair Practices Code for Lenders.
A specialized and custom bank program to groom change leaders and transform organizations.
For officers in Scale-I/II who have been posted recently or identified for posting as Branch Managers for the first time in their career.
For Branch Managers who have been on assignment for 12-18 months, showing good performance and potential for taking up higher responsibilities.
For Officers identified for leadership positions in the Middle Management.
For Branch Managers, particularly those heading the branches rated “high risk”, as well as Managers in Controlling Offices heading departments/cells dealing with credit monitoring, credit risk management, inspection & audit, mid officer of treasury, asset-liability management etc.
For newly posted officers in Scale-I/II handling foreign exchange and foreign trade transactions at “B” Category branches or who have been identified for such assignments. No previous experience in handling forex and foreign trade transactions is assumed.
For Relationship Managers assigned to MSME clients, who are newly-recruited or who have been working in the role for less than a year.
For Officers or assistants joining the Bank at the entry level.